Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Kahaluʻu Kūāhewa located?
Kahaluʻu Kūāhewa is located at 78-653F Mamalahoa Hwy. Holualoa, HI 96725, at the top of Donkey Mill Road. Turn onto Māmalahoa Highway, then turn right onto Donkey Mill Road and take the road all the way up. At the fork, continue up on the right. Once you get to the top, there will be a farm with a white gate, there you will turn left. Follow the road until you get to an opened grass area.
2. Where should I park?
Once you have followed the directions up to Kahaluʻu Kūāhewa, you will come upon an opened grass area. There will be a sign that reads, "wahi kūpuna". You may park on the opened grass area.
3. What should I bring to a community workday/site visit?
Kahaluʻu Kūāhewa is located up ma uka and we have been blessed with a very rainy season, so please be prepared for rain/muddy conditions.
Please consider bringing the following:
covered shoes or rubber boots
clothes you can get dirty
refillable water bottle
deet-free bug spray
hat and sunglasses (optional)
Questions to ask yourself prior to a work day/site visit:
1. Have you had any COVID-19 symptoms?
2. Have you had contact with anyone who has tested POSITIVE for COVID-19?
3. Have you recently tested POSITIVE for COVID-19?
4. Have you traveled outer-island in the past 2 weeks?
Mahalo for your patience and understanding. Mālama pono.